There are more than 500,000 apps in the iPhone app store. Each app enhances the features available on the user’s phone. The iPhone can quickly morph from a cell phone to a compass, a calendar, a game arcade, a book, and more with the use of apps. Though the market for iPhone apps is vast, there are some tricks you can use to make an iPhone app that stands out from the crowd.
Make Your App Visually Engaging
Your app should have lots of visual appeal to keep users interested. The Apple app store features screen shots from the app to give users an idea of what to expect. Make sure these shots are colorful and interesting. Consider these tips to make your app visually pleasing.
- Offer how-to videos instead of just instructions
- Accompany products with pictures and video demonstrations
- Include a photo with recipes so users know how it should turn out
- Place inspirational quotes on top of beautiful pictures or graphics instead of alone in plain text form
- Include video tours of tourist destinations, apartment complexes, stores, and other locations
Develop an App That Saves the User Time
A lot of apps are essentially time wasters. They’re addictive but fairly pointless and while they’re successful for a time, users usually lose interest once the initial novelty has worn off. If your app has features that help users to save time, it’s more likely to become a staple in their daily or weekly routine. Think of tasks that your users have to spend precious time performing on a regular basis and make an iPhone app that will do it better and faster.
Consider these ways that your app may help others to save some time.
- Organize valuable information in a simple list format so users don’t need to look it up.
- Offer a map that will get users to their destination faster.
- Create a calendar of events all over town with weekly reminders so users never miss a deal.
- Provide grocery lists along with weekly menu plans so users don’t need to search for meal ideas or make a shopping list.
- Provide an itinerary for seeing local sites to save users from driving around town aimlessly.
Simplify Your App
Users want instant gratification with iPhone apps. Make an iPhone app that offers the user something worthwhile from the get go. If you have to search for the information you need, the app won’t be successful. The best apps offer the goods right away.
With these tips you can develop an iPhone app that draws a large fan base. The best apps can achieve monumental success in a short time as word of the program spreads from happy users.